Friday, January 11, 2008

Random Thots-->PsHyCotIc MiNd!!

It's 1:00 am in the night and I can't sleep.. My eyes are burning and I have a headache- yet I can't sleep....I miss India - the food, my friends.....everything!

I have been wanting to start writing regulary again....It has been quite sometime I hav given up writing my diary and/or blog...actually, I never found time(Those who knw me, knw that time n money r two things I alwas hafta run after*giggle*)!Something is definitely wrong with me - I never had so much trouble with time-management before----> registration for classes, orientation, seminars, bank account frmalities, huntin for an apartment, part time job etc etc----its never ending!

Its real fun but then life is so very different here:

My old friends n family are no longer with me....
Dead-lines (for everythin) eat away most of my time...
Daily tasks n challenges occupy the remaining time....
Irritation of nerves is a frequent occurance....

I still don't seem to be completely getting along with the life here.....Life in India used to be such a piece of cake!Like they say, “The grass is always greener on the other side”.....!
Now, looking back on the good old days, I keep reminiscing about the good times, ignoring the bad.... I try not to focus on how things would be had I remained in India and instead, think about what I have today - a few good friends (who've remained in touch despite the distance) who are always on my side, and many new ones - some close, some not so much...

I think, to an extent, even I have changed - perhaps for the better! I am no longer completely happy-go-lucky - I do my own work, instead of relying on someone else to do it for me... I do not make friends very easily, any more... I am still as talkative as I was, but there are times when I stay totally aloof! These days, I love my own company the most and am no more a people's person I used to be(tho I cant get rid away of my intrinsic traits easily--->the vast resevoir of undiluted gibberish I hav up there needs to come out once every while*wink*)....!

I guess my life in USA is going to be one roller-coaster ride, with many ups and downs and I have now fastened my seat-belt and am ready to enjoy the ride!

No comments: